[Eril-l] Meaningful Metrics Part 2 — NISO’s May Webinar

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Thu Apr 29 08:02:30 PDT 2021

**Apologies for cross posting**

If you attended the first of our two-part webinar series on Meaningful
Metrics <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/04/meaningful-metrics-first-two>
on April 14, you’ll know that it was a lively and well-attended event,
which generated lots of valuable discussion about how and why we should be
measuring different types of scholarship, from the perspectives of
libraries, publishers, research institutions, and more.

Part 1 of this event dealt with metrics associated with the evaluation of
scholarship. Part 2 will look at assessment practice in the context of
library services and the evaluation of usage, through a roundtable
discussion with: Starr Hoffman, University of Nevada - Las Vegas; Martha
Kyrillidou, QualityMetrics LLC; Joelle Pitts, Carnegie Mellon University; Laura
Spears, University of Florida; and Nancy Turner, Temple University.

Register here!
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-meaningful-metrics-part-two-registration-129370613989>
The registration fee covers an unlimited number of attendees from your
organization - and, as always, registration is automatic and free for NISO
members as a member benefit.

Looking ahead to June, we have a busy month of virtual events, including:

   -

   June 9: Reset: What Are Our New Priorities
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/06/reset-what-are-our-new-priorities>
   (webinar) — free for NISO members
   -

   June 16-17: Transforming Content Through Transformed Systems
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/06/transforming-content-through-transformed-systems>
   (NFAIS Forethought Summit) — discounts for NISO members
   -

   June 23-29: NISO at ALA 2021
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/06/niso-ala-annual-2021>,
including: Interoperability:
   Enabling Better Discovery
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/06/14th-bisg-niso-forum-changing-standards-landscape>
   (BISG-NISO Forum), Seamless Access: A Case Study on Remote Access
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/06/seamless-access-case-study-remote-access>
   (webinar), and NISO Annual Members Meeting and Standards Update 2021
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/niso-annual-members-meeting-and-standards-update>
   (webinar) — open to everyone

Thanks as always for your support of our educational events — we hope to
see you there!

The NISO Team

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302