[Eril-l] Post-cancellation perpetual access in collection development policies?

Kness, Kelsey KKness at twu.edu
Mon Apr 5 16:02:14 PST 2021

Hi Mary,
We don’t have anything official, though my Director tends to want us to provide the perpetual access. There was a session at ER&L 2021 discussing this exactly, Indispensable or unnecessary? A data-driven appraisal of post cancellation access rights by Jason Price Research & Scholarly Communication Director, SCELC Library Consortium, John McDonald Product Manager, EBSCO Information Services, and Michael Levine-Clark Dean, University of Denver Libraries.
TD;LR: The conclusion the usage was significantly diminished 5 years post cancellation, and even further the more years go by. Very informative. I plan on bringing this up with my Director to discuss no longer providing perpetual access links. Since I’m the only eresources person, it becomes extra work the library is no longer getting value from.

I’d be interested in hearing from others.

Kindly,
KELSEY KNESS, MLS
Electronic Resources Librarian
Collection Management & Resource Services (CMRS)
Texas Woman's University
Denton, TX | kkness at twu.edu<mailto:kkness at twu.edu>
She, her, hers