[Eril-l] Workflow for single streaming video orders?

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Mon Sep 28 09:46:57 PDT 2020

To Julie’s comment, what one person finds annoying, another person may find helpful.

Diane’s workflow very roughly corresponds to ours also. Searching for where something may be available is ridiculous, I agree, and you’d think there’d be a better solution out there by now. VIDEOLIB is indeed overwhelming and this seemed to me (this = where can I find x?) to comprise 99% of the traffic there. But it is a useful list anyway.

As for locally hosting for streaming, we use Ensemble (https://www.ensemblevideo.com). This is all managed, paid for, etc. by our campus IT organization, and we rely heavily on it.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor and Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Buswell Library | Wheaton College (IL) | +1 (630) 752-5852