[Eril-l] eResources Cataloger job posting at University of Central Florida
Tina Herman Buck
tinabuck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:43:59 PDT 2020
*Electronic Resources Cataloger Librarian*
*University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando*
The University of Central Florida (UCF) Libraries seeks an innovative and
energetic professional for the position of Electronic Resources Cataloger
Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Cataloging Services, this position is
responsible for coordinating cataloging and maintenance of electronic
resources, including monographs, serials, databases, and integrating
resources for UCF Libraries except the College of Medicine. Along with the
rest of Florida’s state college and university libraries, the UCF Libraries
expect to be migrating from Ex Libris’ Aleph to Ex Libris’ Alma in July
· Prepares bibliographic records for remote access electronic
· Describes electronic resources as prescribed in RDA, Library of
Congress-Program for Cooperative Cataloging Policy Statements, PCC
Provider-Neutral E-Resource MARC Record Guide and other relevant standards.
· Assigns subjects using the Library of Congress Subject Headings and
other thesauri as needed.
· Assigns call numbers using the Library of Congress Classification
and other classifications as needed.
· Coordinates bulk loading and maintenance of catalog records for
· Evaluates and enhances vendor supplied descriptive records.
· Maintains awareness of current national cataloging practices and a
high level of expertise related to electronic resources cataloging.
· Supervises staff assigned to the Electronic Resources Unit.
· Assists in training cataloging staff.
· Participates in library and university activities and committees,
is professionally active, and engages in scholarly activities appropriate
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited
- Cataloging experience using AACR2r and/or RDA, LC
classification, LCSH, and MARC21 formats and standards
- Experience using OCLC Connexion or other bibliographic utility.
- Experience using staff applications in an ILS/LMS.
- Experience cataloging electronic resources.
- At least two years of library cataloging experience.
- Working knowledge of metadata processing and transformation tools such
as MarcEdit and OpenRefine.
- Experience with Ex Libris’ Aleph or Alma.
- Experience in an academic library setting.
- Ability to plan projects, take initiative, meet deadlines, and create
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in a supervisory position
*Environment:* With more than 68,000 students, the University of Central
Florida is the largest university by enrollment in Florida and one of the
largest universities in the nation, offering ninety-two bachelor’s,
eighty-three master’s, and thirty-one doctoral programs. The UCF Libraries
houses a collection of more than 2 million volumes and 68,000 serials and
is a partial depository for government documents and patents. Full-time
staffing of 110 includes forty-six faculty librarians. For more
information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu.
*Salary and Rank:* Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is
a twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position with insurance and
retirement benefits, paid annual days, sick days, holidays, and no state
*To Apply:* UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be
submitted electronically through the Human Resources website
https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/499422 Please complete the online
application for job number 499422 by the close date of October 29, 2020.
In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload
a signed cover letter, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for
three current professional references.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached
at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system
does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Questions regarding this search may be directed to the search chair, Jeanne
Piascik at jeanne.piascik at ucf.edu
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all
qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with
disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:
http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf As a Florida
public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection
procedures available to the public upon request.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l