[Eril-l] Submitting issues to EBSCO

Mandi Schwarz Mandi.Schwarz at unbc.ca
Thu Sep 17 09:09:47 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

I attempted to submit a problem report to EBSCO yesterday morning about database connection issues, and was stymied by the new requirement to have an EBSCO Connect account in order to open a case<https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/How-do-I-contact-EBSCO-Support?language=en_US>. This requirement was not communicated to us, despite multiple staff members here having various EBSCO accounts (EBSCOnet, EBSCOhost, EBSCO Admin, and EBSCO Collection Manager). I requested an EBSCO Connect account yesterday morning, and got a response 21 hours later informing me that my request has been forwarded to the appropriate department - so it has now been over 24 hours and I still cannot submit a problem report. (I am incredibly frustrated.)

Has anyone else found a contact form for EBSCO that does not require an account?

And a heads up to everyone to create an account well in advance of needing to actually submit a problem.

Thanks,
Mandi

Mandi Schwarz
Library Technical Assistant - Electronic Resources | 250-960-6455 | Mandi.Schwarz at unbc.ca<mailto:Mandi.Schwarz at unbc.ca> | she/her
University of Northern British Columbia | 3333 University Way; Prince George, BC; V2N4Z9
Proud member of CUPE3799
Gratefully acknowledging that we live and work in the unceded traditional territory of the Lheidli T'enneh.