[Eril-l] What are the options for one-off article access where we can't afford to subscribe to the database?

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Thu Oct 22 13:09:05 PDT 2020

Hello -  What are you doing for one-off articles that aren't available in any of your databases, and you're not succeeding with ILL (even though it appears to be contained in common broad-subject databases)? We don't subscribe to a broad-subject periodicals database because we're a small specialized school, but we need a few articles. DO any of the big providers have token access? Proquest or EBSCO?  I previously looked into CCC Get It Now, but I somehow think the startup cost was more than we wanted.

Thanks,

Cindy Harper
Electronic Services and Periodicals Librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary, Box 159
3737 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
charper at vts.edu<mailto:charper at vts.edu>