[Eril-l] Certificate-based authentication to e-resources?

Bob Pearson b.pearson at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 21 18:06:38 PDT 2020

We provide e-resource subscriptions and access to an external health organisation who has got us into a pickle with their IP addresses. They have asked about the possibility of certificate-based authentication. I know that vendors generally support IP address authentication (and we use proxy servers for that) and increasingly they support federated SSO/SAML/Shibboleth. Can anyone quickly save me some research time and advise whether vendors (especially medical) generally also support certificate-based authentication.

thanks
Bob Pearson
Digital Access Librarian
University of Auckland Library