[Eril-l] JoVE Updates: EZ Proxy, HLS, DRM and MARC

Melanie Masserant melanie.masserant at jove.com
Mon Nov 16 07:06:47 PST 2020

Hello all,

The following updates are pertinent to JoVE subscribers:

   - *EZ Proxy Stanza*-This week we updated our EZProxy stanza. For any
   institution that self-hosts their EZProxy server, your stanza needs to be
   updated. Please apply this update to avoid disruptions, which is imperative
   to the remote teaching environment. The file can be found here,
*https://help.oclc.org/Library_Management/EZproxy/Database_stanzas/JoVE
   <https://help.oclc.org/Library_Management/EZproxy/Database_stanzas/JoVE>*
   .
   - *HLS Update*-This week JoVE changed the format that our videos play
   in. Please update your proxy servers to implement this change. OCLC hosted
   servers already have this update, however, self-hosted EZ Proxy servers
   will need to apply this update.
   - *DRM Update-*Next week we're moving our DRM policies from
   institutional to user based. Only professors, librarians and administrators
   will be able to share JoVE videos using Zoom, Google Meets, GoToMeeting,
   and other remote sharing technologies. Users need to be logged into their
   JoVE account to do this. Please note that during remote sharing, there will
   be a blank screen and only audio will play to the remote audience.
   -  *MARC Records-*Our records have been adjusted to comply with OCLC
   MARC specifications, see the following changes below:

1.     Changed overall delivered format from .txt which was a mnemonic view
to be in .mrc format

2.     Added control field 005

3.     Added control field 006

4.     Added control field 007

5.     Modified control field 008; changed bytes 33 and 34 from // to vl
(this means video recording, live action)

6.     Added subfield b to field 040 for language

7.     Changed field from "online resource (xxxxx seconds)" to "1 online
resource (xxxxx secs.)"

8.     Removed field 500

9.     Added field 588

10.  Added subfield 3 (publisher) to field 856

11.  Removed field 945

12.  Changed the leader to OCLC suggested format

In the event that you have any questions or concerns, please send me a
direct message.

Thank you,
Melanie
*Melanie Masserant*