[Eril-l] Register Now for NISO Virtual Events in June!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Fri May 29 10:49:12 PDT 2020

*Apologies for cross posting*

We’re wrapping up the first half of 2020 with four great virtual events in
June. In addition to our regular monthly webinar, we are holding our third
virtual conference — on the timely and important topic of Changes in Higher
Education and the Information Marketplace
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/changes-higher-education-and-information-marketplace>
—
as well as the 13th Annual NISO-BISG Changing Standards Landscape Forum
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/13th-annual-niso-bisg-changing-standards-landscape-forum>
and
this year’s NISO Annual Members Meeting and Standards Update
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/niso-annual-members-meeting-and-standards-update>,
both of which are usually held in person at the ALA Annual Conference. You
can register for all events using the links below.

*NISO Webinar!June 10, 1.00 - 2.30pm ET*

No More Big Deal? Picking and Choosing Titles for Use
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/no-more-big-deal-picking-and-choosing-titles-use>
is
for everyone who wants to understand the pros and cons of licensing
institutional access to a critical mass of content versus selecting
individual titles.  Speakers include: *Keith Webster,* Carnegie Mellon
University; *Evviva Weinraub Lajoie,* State University of New York at
Buffalo; and *Darby Orcutt,* North Carolina State University.

*Register now
<https://www.cvent.com/events/niso-webinar-no-more-big-deal-picking-and-choosing-titles-for-use/registration-09a9a1f2e18949a5acf4420eeecb063e.aspx?fqp=true>
(or RSVP
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSVP-Jun10-BgDl> for free as a NISO
Member).*

*NISO Virtual Conference!June 17, noon - 4.00pm ET*

COVID-19 has made the topic of Changes in Higher Education and the
Information Marketplace
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/changes-higher-education-and-information-marketplace>
more
timely than ever. Our virtual conference will bring together key
decision-makers from the main stakeholders to discuss the "new normal" and
consider the long-term implications of the current pandemic. Speakers
include: *Linda Jones,* Western New England University; *Dean O.
Smith,* University
of Hawaii; *Dennis Clark,* University of Arkansas; *Amy Pawlowski,*
 Ohiolink; *Ralph Youngen,* American Chemical Society; and *Roger Schonfeld*,
ITHAKA.

*Register now
<https://www.cvent.com/events/niso-virt-conf-changes-in-higher-education-and-the-information-marketplace/registration-2280c577fd374b0aae2999be83f0a24e.aspx?fqp=true>
(discount
for NISO member organizations - unlimited attendees).*

*FREE NISO-BISG Virtual Conference!June 24, noon - 4pm ET*

Join us for the 13th Annual NISO-BISG The Changing Standards Landscape
Forum, for those of you working in academic or public libraries. Confirmed
speakers include: *Timothy Cherubini,* Chief Officers of State Library
Agencies; *Andrew Pace*, OCLC.

*RSVP using this form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NISO_BISG_13-Jun24> to receive joining
instructions.*

*FREE NISO Virtual Annual Meeting!June 26, 11.00am - 12.30pm ET*

You are warmly invited to attend this year’s NISO Annual Members Meeting
and Standards Updates
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/niso-annual-members-meeting-and-standards-update>
learn about what we’ve been up to since June 2019 and our future plans.

*RSVP using this form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NISO-Annual-Mtg-Jun26> to receive joining
instructions.*The schedule for the rest of the year is available on our events
page <https://www.niso.org/events>, and we hope that you and your
colleagues will take advantage of the free or discounted member
registration for all our events.

Best wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO