[Eril-l] Unconventional ERM products or solutions?

Heather P. Westerlund heather.westerlund at mail.waldenu.edu
Mon May 18 14:09:48 PDT 2020

Hello,

I'm new to the ERIL list and happy to see some good discussion. I oversee IT and collections for a 100% virtual library at a large university, and we're currently evaluating ERM platforms, including CORAL and FOLIO. ERM systems (and LMS') have way more functionality than we need as we don't have a physical collection and no circulation or ILL needs. For that reason, it's difficult to justify the cost. Up until now, we've been doing this work through a patchwork of systems (EBSCO holdings management, O365 apps, etc). We recently built a Sharepoint site with Flow automation to better manage our renewals and vendors; while it's working pretty well, we're missing integration with our holdings knowledgebase and usage stats features like SUSHI integration.

For others without a dedicated ERM or LMS library system, what solutions are you using to effectively manage your electronic resources? Are there any unconventional products we haven't considered?

TIA!

[https://www.waldenu.edu/-/media/Walden/general-media/logos/walden-50th-logo-primary-full-color-140px.png]<http://www.waldenturns50.com/?utm_source=Brand&utm_medium=Sig&utm_campaign=50>
Heather Westerlund
Associate Director, IT, Collections, & Innovation
Walden UniversitY Library<https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library?utm_source=outlook&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_signature>
[cid:image001.png at 01D62D2E.9CA51B60]<https://www.facebook.com/Walden-University-Library>  [cid:image002.png at 01D62D2E.9CA51B60] <https://www.instagram.com/walden.university.library>   [cid:image003.png at 01D62D2E.9CA51B60] <https://twitter.com/WaldenULibrary>   [cid:image004.png at 01D62D2E.9CA51B60] <https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/studentnews?utm_source=outlook&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_signature>