[Eril-l] Publishers automatically turning on SSO - is this a good or bad thing?

Hinchliffe, Lisa W ljanicke at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 27 14:14:02 PDT 2020

Apparently there is new language we need to put in our contracts about not enabling additional authentication mechanisms without approval of the institution?

I've seen this same case discussed on Twitter (or, I hope it's the same or more than one publisher is doing this!). Also concerning: "Not to mention that the InCommon metadata they’re going to just up and use is, in the case of our institution, totally inappropriate for controlling access according to the terms of our license." (https://twitter.com/codyh/status/1243276575539249152)

I'm particularly troubled that you opted-out Vanderbilt and that opt-out was not honored.

Lisa
--
Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
Professor/ Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction