[Eril-l] Ancestry.com and Athens or EZProxy

Robin Hofstetter robin at swanlibraries.net
Thu Mar 26 11:06:38 PDT 2020

Hello,

Ancestry Library Edition is offering remote access until April 30th, but I haven't been able to get it to work with the Athens proxy. It works for authentication, but after login, if a patron tries to use a link on the landing page to begin a search, the proxy drops off, and they are met with a login screen. The proxy sticks if they use the Begin Search button. ProQuest says the intent is for the proxy to drop and to allow cookies to keep the session, but I've tried different browsers and haven't found the cookies work to hold the session.

Have you also been met with this issue using either EZ Proxy or Athens?

Thanks, Robin

Robin Hofstetter
Consultant, Electronic Resources
robin at swanlibraries.net<mailto:robin at swanlibraries.net> * 630-326-7823
My pronouns: they/them/theirs

SWAN Library Services
800 Quail Ridge Drive, Westmont, IL 60559
swanlibraries.net<https://swanlibraries.net/> * catalog.swanlibraries.net<https://catalog.swanlibraries.net/>