[Eril-l] FW: PTPL 2020 Scholarship Announcement / Application
dscanlon at loc.gov
Mon Mar 23 13:53:50 PDT 2020
Forwarding for a colleague. Apologies for cross posting.
Potomac Technical Processing Librarians (PTPL)<https://www.potomactechlibrarians.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=vGYR%2fg7wnHWckCsd5Dmat9pt8a2aPjkPwIFb7m5L%2fQvYpBm8LzQvXIOR0Ss4MunM28WbnnOE8zyKLwVmltetRj1arjuNLzO1YX4ymfwPnpE%3d> announces the availability of $2,000 scholarships for future librarians interested in technical services. Students living or working in the PTPL membership region (DC, Maryland, Virginia) and who are currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited Library and/or Information Science program, including distance education programs, are invited to apply.
Criteria Requirements for the Award
The applicant must:
* 1. Be a full or part-time student in an ALA-accredited Library and/or Information Science at the Master's level at the time of the award and have completed at least one three-hour credit course;
* 2. Demonstrate an interest in library technical services through employment, course of study, or research interests. Technical services work centers on the "…acquisition, identification, cataloging, classification, and preservation of all kinds of library materials." (see: ALCTS, http://www.ala.org/alcts/about<https://www.potomactechlibrarians.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=7%2b0gjDahtfpamH90zvv0f2Bn0PVCzK51ymwgAt6IuEtvWmkEb5mnY%2b0szlD3cG7DZhtJedj5%2b1W42PSa9grlLGJygvaD535KaFsGgfYzU2E%3d>), and;
* 3. Be employed or living in the PTPL membership region (Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
* 1. PTPL scholarship application form<https://www.potomactechlibrarians.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=1jlYP2n21nIr05%2f9eANralJh0HbRvoq50Lf%2b8A4mvaqMHlX7zbF%2fBqad2CS%2bq1EHUOmjX6wXe4cG6yFj1Tpj4sFm0YueXTsWUgDnLj9mpxU%3d>
* 2. Two written references (see below for details)
* 3. Current resume
* 4. One-page, double spaced statement of the applicant’s interest in library technical services
Please submit all materials in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), plain text (.txt), or PDF (.pdf) format to Rebecca Case at rcase at arlingtonva.us<mailto:rcase at arlingtonva.us>.
References are accepted from two faculty members OR one faculty member and your current supervisor. References should be able to address your potential or experience in library technical services. Letters may be emailed directly from the faculty member or your supervisor to Rebecca Case at rcase at arlingtonva.us<mailto:rcase at arlingtonva.us>.
Incomplete application packets and those received after the application deadline will not be considered.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT
Recipients will be notified by July 31, 2020, and publicly announced at the annual PTPL meeting in the fall. Scholarship funds will disseminated in August. The recipients will receive a free one-year membership in PTPL and have registration fees for the annual conference waived.
View this announcement and download the scholarship application at http://www.potomactechlibrarians.org/scholar<https://www.potomactechlibrarians.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=dpjFoSqXU8mn6Llm0RRLTYxtVvca%2bJrweAiwI2WqsA2994pGRksbMYAcYAAN%2bbquPLYt10I1XQBBPe%2bbItpzsHN8famA3R4%2baelKOAB5Ufw%3d>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l