[Eril-l] Springer Nature expands Coronavirus support

Katie Baker katie.baker at springernature.com
Fri Mar 20 03:55:06 PDT 2020

*With apologies for cross posting*

Dear All,

We are all operating in unprecedented times, and here at Springer Nature we are doing all we can to ensure that we continue to look for ways to help support the fight against the COVID-19 virus. Below are links to resources that we believe this group, and their partners, may find useful. We continue to update these and we encourage you to get in touch<mailto:customerservice at springernature.com> should there be other resources that would be useful in supporting you and your partners:

Resource Hub:<https://www.springernature.com/gp/researchers/campaigns/coronavirus?utm_medium=social&utm_content=organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=SpringerNature_&sf231527863=1>

·         Our central resource hub<https://www.springernature.com/gp/researchers/campaigns/coronavirus?utm_medium=social&utm_content=organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=SpringerNature_&sf231527863=1> contains links to relevant research from our journals and books, as well as additional commentary on COVID19. Our editors are also selecting pertinent content to highlight. Overall more than 12,000 pieces of journal and book content are free to access, and will continue to be so for as long as needed. Nature<https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00598-0> and Scientific American<https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/coronavirus-hot-zone-the-view-from-the-u-s-epicenter/> have also released podcasts from global experts on the pandemic and its development, and Nature Briefing<https://www.nature.com/briefing/signup/> continues to provide the latest research updates.

·         We are encouraging users to get in touch<mailto:customerservice at springernature.com> if they are not able to access an article that they believe to be important in both understanding and addressing this emergency, and we will ensure that this is added to the resource.

·         We continue to work with our authors, editors and researchers to encourage early sharing of research<https://www.researchsquare.com/publishers/in-review> submitted to all our journals through preprints and continue to strongly urge authors submitting articles related to this emergency to share underlying datasets relating to the outbreak as rapidly and widely as possible.

Institutional support and enhanced remote access

·              In order to support institutions and their students in this difficult time, we are working on a range of resources to ensure seamless access to content whatever your location and setup. We have created a dedicated federated access page here<https://www.springernature.com/gp/librarians/tools-services/implement/federated-access> and are working directly with our library partners to support this.

·              In line with calls from the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) to make remote access easier, we are working on a change to keep users logged in for 90 days after their initial authentication. We will set this to 90 days to begin with, but can update this at any point when needed.

·              We are also investigating alternative methods of authentication and plan to start piloting Universal CASA for remote access across multiple devices in the coming days.

Global collaboration:

·              We continue to work with global organisations to support the sharing of relevant research and data, including supporting the World Health Organisation<https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/global-research-on-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov> and the initiative from the White House Office of Science and Technology<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/about/covid-19/> to make all relevant global research, and data, immediately available in one place via PubMed Central<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/about/covid-19/>. We are also a signatory on the consensus statement, Sharing research data and findings relevant to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.<https://wellcome.ac.uk/press-release/sharing-research-data-and-findings-relevant-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak>

Despite the uncertainty caused by this pandemic, we want to reassure you that we will continue to conduct business as usual and will work with you throughout to ensure you have all the support you need. Please see here for a note from our CEO Frank Vrancken Peeters<https://www.springernature.com/gp/advancing-discovery/blog/blogposts/message-from-frank-vrancken-peeters-covid19/17814864>.

We wish all of our partners, customers and community all the best as we collectively navigate this pandemic.

Springer Nature

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Springer Nature Limited does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Springer Nature Ltd or one of their agents.
Please note that Springer Nature Limited and their agents and affiliates do not accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any).
Springer Nature Limited. Registered office: The Campus, 4 Crinan Street, London, N1 9XW. Registered Number: 00785998 England.