[Eril-l] Student access to Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Hulu, etc.

Laura Turner lauraturner at sandiego.edu
Wed Mar 18 16:11:01 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Has anyone in a higher ed. institution found a way to help support student
access to the laundry list of home video platforms that faculty often want
to use in their classes, particularly for content unavailable to
institution licensing?  For instance, a BBC series on Netflix.  I am
hearing that faculty stream these in their classes from their own personal
accounts.  Are your institutions helping students pay for short-term
subscriptions to any of these platforms?  Any other creative ideas or is
there "the obvious", which has currently escaped me?

Thanks,

*Laura Turner*
*Head of Collections, Access, and Discovery*
Helen K. and James S. Copley Library / University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA  92110-2492
Phone:  (619) 260-2365 | lauraturner at sandiego.edu