[Eril-l] compiled list of newly opened content during COVID-19 response

Lisa Petrachenko lmiles at uvic.ca
Sat Mar 14 15:19:30 PDT 2020

Hi all,
Beyond opening access to COVID19 related research we have been informed by the following publishers they will open access to their content at  no charge.

Kanopy (already mentioned)
JoVe (with registration)

ProQuest has partnered with more than 50 publishers to support libraries in providing unlimited access to Ebook Central holdings for all patrons – at no extra charge. This change will go into effect on Ebook Central early next week. Participating publishers include: ABC-CLIO, Bloomsbury Publishing, Cambridge University Press, Elsevier Health Sciences, Harvard University Press, IGI Global, Nova Science Publishers, Rowman & Littlefield, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis/CRC Press, The University of Toronto Press, World Scientific, and more.

You can read details at this blog post: https://www.proquest.com/blog/pqblog/2020/Coronavirus-Impacted-Libraries-Get-Unlimited-Access-to-Ebook-Central.html

Lisa Petrachenko
Associate University Librarain – Learning and Research Resources
University of Victoria Libraries
Mearns Centre for Learning/McPherson Library
PO Box 1800 STN CSC
Victoria BC V8W 3H5
250.721.8249   email: lmiles at uvic.ca<mailto:lmiles at uvic.ca>

We acknowledge with respect the Lkwungen-speaking peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me immediately and delete/destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.