[Eril-l] Job opening: Collection and Technical Services Manager at Multnomah County Library

Ginger (Susan) Corrigan susanco at multcolib.org
Wed Mar 4 10:44:22 PST 2020

At Multnomah County, we respect the past, are attentive to the present and
are genuinely excited about the future. We’re a forward-looking library,
engaged in and energized by the challenges and opportunities facing public
libraries. We are responsive to the needs of our community and dedicated to
building a great public library that empowers our community to learn and
create.

We are looking for a strategic thinker to be the leader of the Collection &
Technical Services team, responsible for all aspects of collections and
technical services. Change is constant in the library, and we need someone
who embraces the opportunity to work with staff throughout the system. We
are committed to innovative programs that connect the community, including
projects giving opportunities to local writers and musicians to share their
work online and in print. We need a great leader for this team!

We work to meet the evolving and diverse reading, listening, and viewing
needs of the community by providing oversight and stewardship of the
library’s current collection in order to make the materials easily
accessible and available to the public.

The Collection and Technical Services Manager is the senior leader who
provides leadership and strategic planning for the Collection and Technical
Services Department. The incumbent is responsible for developing and
allocating a budget of $13 million and has 32 direct and indirect reports,
including two library administrators and eight professional staff.

Apply for this great opportunity on our website
<https://multco.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Multco_Jobs/job/Northeast-Portland/Library-Collection-and-Technical-Services-Manager_R-2754>
.
*Ginger (Susan) Corrigan, MLIS, IPMA-SCP*
*System-Wide Assistance Team (SWAT) Supervisor*
Multnomah County Library Human Resources
Phone: 503.988.5491

*I prefer she/her pronouns*

Library Human Resources Honor diversity | Champion learning | Embrace change