[Eril-l] Vacancy Announcement: Technical Information Specialist (Data Products & Services Manager) -Beltsville, MD - National Agricultural Library (Closes 3/17/2020)
vicky.crone at usda.gov
Wed Mar 4 09:00:17 PST 2020
The National Agricultural Library (NAL) has an open job opportunity for a Technical Information Specialist (Data Products and Services Manager) GS-1412 grade 13 in the Knowledge Services Division, Beltsville, Maryland.
The job opportunity is open from Tuesday, March 3 through Tuesday, March 17, 2020 (open to the public and Career transition candidates (CTAP, ICTAP, and RPL)). Apply here -- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561566500<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F561566500&data=02%7C01%7C%7C1d1d2fd1e12e42bb849908d7bfd351bf%7Ced5b36e701ee4ebc867ee03cfa0d4697%7C0%7C0%7C637188788001333293&sdata=aYG4nWg69HdwgcNYKL6w0JLL1TmRmXRUj%2FbUATh2Bwo%3D&reserved=0>
The incumbent is responsible for managing NAL's services and products that make USDA-funded scientific research data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Re-usable (FAIR). The incumbent will manage vision, strategy, and implementation of best practices for scientific metadata and data repository services and products.
* Gathers and manages business and customer requirements for NAL data repository products and services that support creation, curation, and publication of scientific metadata (e.g. Ag Data Commons https://data.nal.usda.gov/<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdata.nal.usda.gov%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C1d1d2fd1e12e42bb849908d7bfd351bf%7Ced5b36e701ee4ebc867ee03cfa0d4697%7C0%7C0%7C637188788001343247&sdata=3xtrOW2vW9rQ%2FrRrZOV1Mrh%2FEJMuZmckD5uLNXNtKHY%3D&reserved=0> ).
* Provides informatics expertise related to scientific metadata, metadata standards, and their implementation in information management and transfer services; stays current with state of the art.
* Responsible for implementing requirements of NAL specified in the USDA Public Access Policy for Digital Scientific Data.
* Works with department, agency, and scientific community stakeholders to define public access and open data requirements in each phase of the Scientific Research Data lifecycle.
* Manages vision, strategy, and roadmap for NAL FAIR data and Data Management Planning services, understands and adheres to short and long-term strategy and goals.
* Ensures goals are tied to institutional strategy/goals and specific customer priorities for achieving goals, manages the process for collecting and synthesizing requirements and sets customer feedback.
* Provides team leadership for NAL products and services.
* Responsible for team culture; continuous improvement of team business processes and practices; internal and external stakeholder engagement and communication; and team alignment with vision, strategy and goals.
* Responsible for product and service delivery, including specific project planning and execution; defining incremental quality requirements; and for defining and meeting key performance indicators for products and services.
* Responsible for procurement actions related to mission requirements.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
Please direct questions to:
E-mail: faisa.mohallim at usda.gov<mailto:faisa.mohallim at usda.gov>
This is a competitive position open to the public, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Please excuse cross-postings.
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l