[Eril-l] Position opening: Assistant Professor, Systems Librarian, Curry College, Milton, MA
Eastman, Katharine Garrett
garrett.eastman at post03.curry.edu
Mon Mar 2 11:27:34 PST 2020
[Cross posted to multiple listservs. Apologies for duplication). KGE
Levin Library at Curry College seeks a skilled, experienced, and innovative librarian for a faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level or higher, who will take responsibility its library management system (LMS).
The Systems Librarian will participate in a team in addressing aspects of discovery including cataloging, metadata, access, problem resolution, and evaluation of the user experience. As a member of the library faculty, the librarian will demonstrate not only content expertise relevant to this position but also understanding of interrelationships within the library unit's work and its relevance to institutional goals. Furthermore, the Systems Librarian will analyze and employ data to support and inform library practice.
The individual engaged in this position will work collaboratively to develop and assess efficient workflows to promote the enhancement, sustainability, and integrity of library systems, thereby supporting the curriculum, and furthering the library's commitment to student learning and success.
* Serve as administrator and site coordinator for the Ex Libris library service platform (LSP).
* Monitor data integrity in library's Ex Libris system.
* Execute inventory processes using library system.
* Oversee exchange and integration between library system and other college data systems such as Banner.
* Manage library's EZProxy system and possess ability to master authentication protocols.
* Provide assurance of library software and resource integration.
* Act as primary contact with vendor and college's Information Technology Services (ITS).
* Participate on faculty and college-wide committees.
* Serve as library liaison to science, math, and technology programs at the college.
* Deliver research consultation to students at reference desk, by appointment, and via online chat and email.
Education: Master's in Library & Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institution, or an appropriate equivalent.
* Experience: 2 + years professional experience in an academic or research library setting.
* Knowledge of and experience with library management systems such as Ex Libris Alma/Primo.
* Excellent computer skills, especially knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including SharePoint.
* Knowledge of standards related to web accessibility and ADA compliance.
* Knowledge of professional library cataloging and metadata standards as applied to different formats and contexts.
* Understanding of issues and trends in library systems.
* Information literacy teaching experience at the general undergraduate level and/or at the graduate level.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative academic library environment.
* Experience with learning management systems.
* Ability to represent library and college in professional and community settings.
To apply, visit: https://curry.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=120798
Please note: Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Please also note: The appointment (starting date) will begin in September with the beginning of the 2020-2021 Academic Year. This is a twelve-month position.
Lastly, please share with any individuals you know who may be interested.
Thank you for your help.
Katharine Garrett Eastman
1071 Blue Hill Avenue
Milton, MA 02186
garrett.eastman at post03.curry.edu<mailto:garrett.eastman at post03.curry.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l