[Eril-l] 2021 journal pricing and paywall news from the Microbiology Society

Gaynor Redvers-Mutton G.Redvers-Mutton at microbiologysociety.org
Thu Jul 9 01:43:00 PDT 2020

In light of the effects of the pandemic-related recession on public finances affecting universities and research bodies, we will hold all 2021 journal rates at 2020 levels, including:

*        Open Access rates

o   Publish and Read<https://comms.microbiologysociety.org/t/5PSO-1X5N-N55E0-10TV6-1/c.aspx>

o   Article Processing Charges (APC)<https://comms.microbiologysociety.org/t/5PSO-1X5N-N55E0-10TV7-1/c.aspx>

o   Tier structure remains unchanged - find out more<https://comms.microbiologysociety.org/t/5PSO-1X5N-N55E0-10TV9-1/c.aspx>.

As we navigate a changing landscape for the university, library and research, science and medical sectors, all feeling the societal and financial effects of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic; the Society's decision in April 2020, to temporarily drop the paywall in front of all of its content, has been reviewed. Except for articles in the COVID-19 collection<https://comms.microbiologysociety.org/t/5PSO-1X5N-N55E0-10TVA-1/c.aspx>, which shall remain openly accessible until further notice, we will re-establish the paywall from 1 September at the start of the renewal season.

Best wishes,
The Journal Sales and Customer Services Team
journalsales at microbiologysociety.org<mailto:journalsales at microbiologysociety.org>