[Eril-l] Expert Consult inquiry

Bonnie Thornton bonnyothornton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:34:13 PST 2020

Hello Everyone,

We've recently encountered our first experiences with Expert Consult at our
library.
One of our librarians experienced an issue with the references for some of
our books being put online, but you have to register an account on Expert
Consult and redeem a code from the individual title to access these
references. The code option seems to only be available for individual
accounts instead of institutional accounts. Additionally, once an account
is created and a code redeemed, there is no option to export references to
PDF and there is a limit on the number of pages that can be printed.

I'm curious if fellow institutions have worked with or encountered a
similar situation, and if so how it impacts workflows and acquisitions. If
you'd like to share your experiences, please contact me at
bthornton at library.msstate.edu or by phone at 662-325-4619.

Thanks,
Bonnie

--
Bonnie Thornton
Assistant Professor, Electronic & Continuing Resources Librarian