[Eril-l] NISO Plus 2021 Program and Registration Reminder

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Thu Dec 17 12:21:38 PST 2020

**Apologies for cross-posting**

The holidays are just around the corner for many of us, and we know you may
already be winding down — but we wanted to take a few minutes of your time
to remind you to register for NISO Plus 2021
<https://niso.plus/register-for-niso-plus-2021/> before our early bird
registration ends on January 8.

As a reminder, NISO Plus 2021 is a fully virtual conference, which will
take place from February 22-25 next year. The draft program
<https://niso.plus/program/> is now available and, with the help of our
wonderful Planning Committee
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-planning-committee/>, we think we’ve included
something for everyone!

   -

   You’ll hear from four inspiring keynote speakers — writer, activist, and
   journalist Cory Doctorow
   <https://niso.plus/cory-doctorow-to-keynote-at-niso-plus-2021/>; Margaret
   Sraku-Lartey
   <https://niso.plus/margaret-sraku-lartey-confirmed-as-second-niso-plus-2021-keynote/>,
   Principal Librarian at CSIR-Forestry Research Institute of Ghana
   (CSIR-FORIG); and scholar and writer Zeynep Tufekci
   <https://niso.plus/zeynep-tufekci-announced-as-closing-keynote-for-niso-plus-2021/>
   (UNC - Chapel Hill); plus one other, to be announced in early January

   -

   The one and only Heather Joseph
   <https://niso.plus/heather-joseph-named-as-nisos-2021-miles-conrad-awardee/>,
   Executive Director of SPARC <https://sparcopen.org/>, will accept the
   2021 Miles Conrad Award <https://www.niso.org/node/25942> during the
   conference, and deliver the annual Miles Conrad Lecture

   -

   Experts from across the whole information community globally, will share
   their knowledge and help us kick off conversations with you about many of
   the challenges and opportunities we are facing

   -

   NISO staff and volunteers will share updates and answer your questions
   about our work — past, present, and future

   -

   Sessions will run from around 10.00am - 2.00pm EST (US/Canada) and then
   again from 8.00pm - 10.30pm EST (US/Canada), with a social and networking
   event in both time slots so that, wherever you are in the world, you can
   participate

   -

   Registration rates <https://niso.plus/register-for-niso-plus-2021/> are
   very affordable — especially if you take advantage of the early bird
   rates, which are good through January 8 — including discounts for NISO
   members, great group rates, and special discounts for those with limited
   budgets

Where else can you be taking a deep dive into a specific standard one
minute, and debating the impact of COVID-19 on our community the next?
Hearing from key influencers in the information ecosystem, then meeting up
with old friends and making new ones in our gather.town social space?

So please take a couple of minutes to check NISO Plus registration off your
list now — it’s one less thing to do in January!

We hope to see you there and, in the meantime, we wish you all a safe and
peaceful end to 2020 and our very best wishes for 2021.

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302

Baltimore, MD 21211