[Eril-l] Buying ebooks form Springer/Palgrave?

Leslie Burke Leslie.Burke at kzoo.edu
Thu Dec 17 08:57:53 PST 2020

Oxford wants you to buy the Handbooks as a “database” model, where they continually and randomly update the content. Nice option if you can afford it. We’ve had to stick with print on those. Other titles, they will offer as one-offs.

Springer/Palgrave may be opening up a bit for single title purchases. Check with your consortium and/or Springer rep. I think they’re starting to realize they’re losing out on sales they could be getting because we can’t always afford the collections.

Keep talking to the sales reps. As libraries have to make cuts they may find they’re losing to much revenue not to offer more models.

Cheers y’all.
Leslie

Leslie Burke
Collection Services Librarian
Kalamazoo College Library
1200 Academy Street
Leslie.Burke at kzoo.edu<mailto:Leslie.Burke at kzoo.edu>
269-337-7144
The library may be closed, but I am working virtually!