[Eril-l] NISO Virtual Conference on Transforming Search!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Tue Aug 11 14:15:52 PDT 2020

**Apologies for cross posting**

We’re delighted to share full details of our next virtual conference,
Transforming
Search: What the Information Community Can and Should Build
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/08/transforming-search-what-information-community-can-and-should-build>,
from 12.00 - 4.00pm ET on Wednesday August 26. This event will provide you
with the information you need to better understand how search technologies
have progressed and to learn about some of the emerging issues associated
with discovery and relevant retrieval.

Registration
<https://www.cvent.com/events/niso-virt-conf-transforming-search-what-the-information-community-can-and-should-build/registration-732d1e40b8274707af3e9e97a5868743.aspx?fqp=true>
entitles multiple staff from your organization to attend — and don’t forget
to claim your 25% discount if your organization is a NISO member!

Outline Program and Speakers

   -

   Welcome — *Todd Carpenter,* Executive Director, NISO
   -

   Things I Want My Students to Know about Search and Things I Want Search
   Systems to Know about Students — *Joyce Valenza,* Associate Professor of
   Teaching, Rutgers University
   -

   Implementing Search Enhancements — *Markus Kaindl,* Senior Manager,
   Product and Platform Group, Springer Nature
   -

   Wikidata as a Hub to Library Linked Data Re-use — *Jim Hahn,* Head of
   Metadata Research, University of Pennsylvania Libraries
   -

   7 Things Modern Researchers Want in a Search Tool — *Keri Mattaliano,*
   Director of Corporate Solutions and *Ray Gilmartin,* Director of
   Corporate Solutions, both Copyright Clearance Center
   -

   Case Study From Allen Institute of AI — Speaker TBD
   -

   Privacy and The Effective Search Experience — *Johnny Boursiquot,* Chief
   Technology Officer, Skilltype
   -

   Roundtable Discussion — All

For more information, please review the speaker abstracts on our NISO event
page
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/08/transforming-search-what-information-community-can-and-should-build>
— and we hope to see you on August 26!

Best Wishes,