[Eril-l] ‘APCs in the Wild’ : whitepaper, webinar and survey

Robert Boissy Robert.Boissy at springernature.com
Thu Apr 23 09:17:02 PDT 2020

-With apologies for cross-posting-

‘APCs in the Wild’ - Could increases in the monitoring and consolidation of funding accelerate the transition to open access?
Accelerating the transition to OA will involve bringing together multiple different funding streams, as well as tackling complex questions regarding redistribution of existing funds. Developments in OA business models and infrastructure are improving the ability to monitor article OA status and spending, a step that is crucial to enabling institutions and research funders to make informed decisions about funding for Gold OA, in particular with regard to agreements with publishers. However, there are still many APCs 'in the wild', in other words payments that are harder to monitor and that institutions and funders may be unaware of.

Springer Nature’s newest whitepaper: “APCs in the wild’ which highlights and shares key findings from interviews with 16 institutions and explores survey responses with Springer Nature authors concerning APC funding. https://bit.ly/2Kkc5xJ

Join Springer Nature’s APC webinar on Tuesday, May 5th.  A 1-hour presentation and discussion about our recent whitepaper 'APCs in the Wild'. For times and to sign up, visit https://bit.ly/2Y0CIQp

Participate in our APC survey: We invite Libraries to broaden Springer Nature’s understanding of institutional monitoring and tracking of APC payments by participating in our institutional survey on barriers and enablers for APC monitoring. Please take our survey or feel free to share it with a colleague who is interested. Survey deadline: 31st of May. https://bit.ly/2xOvbZZ

##end of text##

---
Robert Boissy
Director of Account Development