[Eril-l] Econometrics sites/databases with downloadable datasets

Katherine Swart kswart20 at calvin.edu
Wed Apr 22 10:05:20 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I’m working with an econometrics professor who is looking for “sites/databases with simple user interfaces to download finance data, cross-country macroeconomic series, US geographic areas with info on income, pollution, etc., and other datasets you might know of that have a good mix of categorical and quantitative variables.”

She adds, “The American Community Survey is nice, but it have very few quantitative variables. The [Mintel] marketing dataset that one of my students used last fall was good, except that the data could not be analyzed other than by created cross-tabs.”

This is outside my area of expertise. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Katherine Swart
Collection Development Librarian
Calvin University | Hekman Library