[Eril-l] Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Deborah Bezanson bezanson at gwu.edu
Tue Apr 21 08:31:53 PDT 2020

I was getting that error with Alexander Street press music databases
recently, especially when clicking on breadcrumb type links.  We updated
our proxy stanza and that seems to have resolved the issue.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 11:16 AM Sharon Whitfield <
sharonmawhitfield at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone could help with this.  When using Chrome and
> after authenticating through the proxy, I often get this error” Your
> browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.”  The only solution
> is to clear the cache, but I find that I have to clear the cache more
> frequently than I do with Firefox.  I am wondering if there is another
> solution besides clearing the cache.  Is there a setting that we could
> change on the proxy?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Best,
> Sharon Whitfield
> Electronic Resources and User Access Librarian

Deborah Bezanson
Senior Librarian for the Sciences, Engineering & Assessment
George Washington University Libraries
http://calendly.com/bezanson
2130 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052