[Eril-l] Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Sharon Whitfield sharonmawhitfield at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:15:45 PDT 2020

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help with this.  When using Chrome and after authenticating through the proxy, I often get this error” Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.”  The only solution is to clear the cache, but I find that I have to clear the cache more frequently than I do with Firefox.  I am wondering if there is another solution besides clearing the cache.  Is there a setting that we could change on the proxy?  Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Sharon Whitfield
Electronic Resources and User Access Librarian