[Eril-l] Register Now for NISO Virtual Events in May!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Mon Apr 20 12:51:05 PDT 2020

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Our spring program of virtual events continues in May with our monthly
webinar, our second virtual conference of 2020, and the launch of our next
online training series. Everyone who registers will receive a recording of
the event, and NISO member organizations also benefit from free webinar
registration for an unlimited number of staff, as well as discounted
registration fees for other virtual events.

*NISO Virtual Conference!May 13, 12.00pm - 4.00pm ET*

Our next virtual conference will address the important topic of Making
Content Accessible: How Can Publishers and Libraries Better Satisfy the
Obligation?
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/making-content-accessible-how-can-publishers-and-libraries-better-satisfy-obligation>
Speakers
include: Violaine Iglesias (Cadmore Media), Jamie Axelrod (Northern Arizona
University), Kara Kroes Li (EBSCO), Rachel Comerford (Macmillan Learning),
George Kerscher (DAISY Consortium), and Michael Johnson (Benetech). They
will discuss what goes into making an ebook, a textbook, or other course
materials fully accessible.

*NISO Online Training for Product Managers!Eight sessions, 11.00am -
12.30pm, starting May 14*

The latest in our popular online training series will focus on Agile
Product and Project Management for Information Products and Services.
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/agile-product-and-project-management-information-products-and-services>
Facilitated
by Chris Shillum of Swiss House Information, the course will cover the
stages of agile product development, techniques for planning, managing and
tracking agile projects, roles within an agile team, and the behaviors and
processes needed for success. Suitable for early to mid-career
professionals developing information products and services.

*NISO Webinar!May 20, 1.00pm - 2.30pm ET*

NISO’s May webinar is the second in a two-part NFAIS Forethought series on
Artificial Intelligence. This time we’ll be discussing Processes for Media
Analysis and Extraction
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/nfais-forethought-artificial-intelligence-2-processes-media-analysis-and-extraction>,
in particular, how to work with your technology provider to process,
analyze, and extract meaningful data to implement AI. More information will
be available shortly on the event page
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/nfais-forethought-artificial-intelligence-2-processes-media-analysis-and-extraction>
.

*Registration is open for all our virtual events now*
<https://www.niso.org/events> — we’ll share joining instructions beforehand
with registered participants.

Have questions? Get in touch!

NISO