[Eril-l] Additional information from Cambridge University Press regarding free access to textbooks and reference materials

Susan Soule ssoule at cambridge.org
Tue Apr 7 07:10:15 PDT 2020

Cambridge University Press has updated its free access offering to university libraries and their associated students and faculty - the collection now features our HTML textbooks<https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/textbooks>, as well as Cambridge Histories<https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/collections/cambridge-histories>, Cambridge Companions<https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/collections/cambridge-companions>, and Cambridge Elements<https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/elements> - all told over 2,000 ebooks. This institutional free access offer will be available until the end of May 2020.

Please note that if your institution had previously set up access to our free reference collection, then your access should have automatically been updated to include HTML textbooks. Your patrons will need to go through your library's normal authentication process to be able to use the included materials.

To request access on behalf of your institution, or if you have any questions, university librarians in the Americas should contact us at online at cambridge.org<mailto:online at cambridge.org>. Elsewhere in the world, please contact library.sales at cambridge.org<mailto:library.sales at cambridge.org>.

Last month, our HTML textbooks were made freely available online to all, but we unfortunately had to disable this access, due to performance issues caused by both unprecedented demand and reported misuse. These textbooks are now available through the institutional free access offer, as noted above.

For more information specifically on the institutional free access offer and our Librarian FAQs, please visit https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/covid-19-resources-and-information/information-librarians

Finally, see below for the summary of our additional responses to the COVID-19 pandemic:

  *   We have instituted an APC waiver for COVID-19 specific articles, through to the end of June, for authors
  *   We've also worked with several partners to provide free ebook versions of Press textbooks to students in various regions - for more information see below:
     *   RedShelf Responds: https://www.about.redshelf.com/redshelfresponds
     *   VitalSource Helps: https://get.vitalsource.com/vitalsource-helps
     *   Kortext: https://www.kortext.com/news/free-student-etextbook-programme-fstp/
     *   Perusall: https://perusall.com/blog
  *   We have joined other publishers in signing a commitment to make the research available through PubMed Central and other public repositories of journal literature. For more details on this, and the response to the COVID-19 pandemic from our Academic Publishing group, please visit this page: https://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/covid-19-resources-and-information

Thank you.

Susan Soule
Library Marketing Manager
Cambridge University Press
One Liberty Plaza, Floor 20
New York, NY 10006
USA
Tel: 001 212 337 5019
Mobile: 001 646 468 4942
Email: ssoule at cambridge.org<mailto:ssoule at cambridge.org>

Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge with VAT registered number GB 823 8476 09.  Our principal office is at University Printing House, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8BS, United Kingdom.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.