[Eril-l] Kanopy - login from off-campus

Jenifer Holman holman at hope.edu
Tue Sep 24 12:57:17 PDT 2019

Hi Livy -

This change happened sometime around the end of July 2019 with no
notification. We had a discussion with Kanopy about this change and asked
that the extra login be removed (and in truth I did not get prompted for it
today so maybe they did). Perhaps the thing that disturbs me most is that
if users create accounts, Kanopy begins emailing them with teaser ads about
the cool "free" movies they should be watching.

We have added a note to our discovery records alerting users that they do
not need to create an account:

[image: image.png]

Kanopy was to have a discussion about this issue; perhaps they will
response to us here?

Jen Holman
Jenifer Holman
Electronic Resources Librarian