[Eril-l] [External] How to track all usage of individual journal titles

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Sep 9 07:25:02 PDT 2019

This is mostly true but two caveats:
1. depends on your definition of "aggregator". Some people may be thinking
of Proquest, EBSCO, and Gale, but not BioOne and JSTOR in that category.

2. When journals change publisher, sometimes the backfile is BOTH left on
the old publisher site AND also available on the new publisher site.
Your community may find its way to either, so the usage for those years
could well be split across two different publisher sites' COUNTER reports.
If you want to know if this is a concern for any particular title with a
somewhat recent transfer, you can check the
https://journaltransfer.issn.org/
database, and look for the perpetual access field. Here is an example that
says: "Both Publishers will have archive"
https://journaltransfer.issn.org/TID/1699

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island