[Eril-l] Job Posting: Discovery & Metadata Librarian, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
David Edward Macaulay
dmacaula at uwyo.edu
Thu Oct 10 10:18:39 PDT 2019
The University of Wyoming Libraries seek applicants for a Discovery & Metadata Librarian position. This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management (RDM).
* Provide leadership to ensure access to materials acquired by the libraries and create a streamlined discovery experience for users.
* Monitor trends and best practices in resource description to serve as one of the local resource persons for the libraries during the transition from MARC to linked data.
* Develop and assess efficient workflows for the enhancement of library discovery service. This may include automating processes, workflow modifications, and training colleagues.
* Coordinate ILS record imports and exports and provide training and documentation to collaborating staff. This includes editing MARC and other data before and/or after other processes.
* Coordinate database maintenance and authority control projects, both bulk and manual. Provide training and documentation to collaborating staff.
* Provide training to division personnel on discovery projects.
* Coordinate with colleagues on record acquisition.
* Work with outsourced cataloging and/or authority vendors on configurations, changes, and questions referred by cataloging staff. Provide training and documentation to collaborating staff.
* During the transition phase from MARC to successor standards, this position may assist with MARC cataloging and/or other discovery record formats.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (http://www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.). This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
* ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent
* Minimum of one year of professional experience in cataloging and bibliographic record manipulation.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
* Experience with MARC, RDA, LCC, OCLC, and related tools.
* Experience with integrated library systems, /library management systems, or library services platforms.
* Knowledge of MarcEdit or a related tool for manipulation of MARC records
* Academic library experience
* Knowledge of additional MARC data manipulation tools
* Knowledge of linked data
* Project management experience
For complete information and to apply, visit https://uwyo.taleo.net/careersection/00_ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=19004514
Collection Development Librarian
University of Wyoming Libraries
Dept. 3334, 1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l