[Eril-l] Job Posting: Collection Development Librarian, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
David Edward Macaulay
dmacaula at uwyo.edu
Thu Oct 10 10:18:10 PDT 2019
The University of Wyoming Libraries seeks applicants for a Collection Development Librarian. This position is part of a team that acquires, maintains, and assesses library collections in support of learning, teaching, and research in alignment with the strategic directions of the university and the libraries. This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management (RDM).
* Collaborate with RDM teams as well as other teams, units, and departments to accomplish goals.
* Work with university and library colleagues to ensure current collections meet the needs of an evolving and growing university, with a diversity of viewpoints, interests, needs, and perspectives, and are in support of the university and libraries strategic plans.
* Make recommendations for budget allocations and expenditures in all formats to build collections that meet the needs of our users.
* Participate in the life cycle of collection activities while considering collection, user, and space needs. Some examples of activities include:
o Selection, deselection, and evaluation of purchases
o Renewal or nonrenewal decisions for all formats
o Replacement, preservation, or withdrawal decisions
o Other collection activities as they arise
* Interact and negotiate with vendors, publishers, and library consortia for selection and evaluation of library resources.
* Represent the division and libraries on committees as requested.
* Collaborate on gathering and evaluating data from multiple sources, including usage data, collection and expenditure data, and other data as needed for both decision making and reporting.
* Train collaborating departmental faculty and staff on procedures as needed.
* Document policies and procedures to ensure consistent practices.
* Participate in qualitative and quantitative analyses to support informed recommendations on collection directions.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (http://www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.) . This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
* ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent.
* Minimum of one year professional experience in an academic library
* Experience evaluating library resources and making recommendations for acquiring or withdrawing
* Demonstrated knowledge of assessment techniques in libraries
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
* Three or more years collections experience in an academic library
* Project management experience
* Training or teaching experience
* Experience with library systems used to manage and provide discovery for resources
* Experience with qualitative and quantitative assessment techniques in libraries
For complete information and to apply, visit https://uwyo.taleo.net/careersection/00_ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=19004513
Collection Development Librarian
University of Wyoming Libraries
Dept. 3334, 1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l