[Eril-l] Job posting: Electronic Resources Librarians at the University of Manitoba
Kristen.Kruse at umanitoba.ca
Tue Oct 1 15:17:10 PDT 2019
Electronic Resources Librarian (2 positions)
Application deadline: Oct 30, 2019
Job posting: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=08928
Position description: http://libguides.lib.umanitoba.ca/jobs
The Electronic Resources Librarians play a critical role in the acquisition, licensing, and management of the University of Manitoba Libraries' electronic resources, liaising with staff in Technical Services and the Libraries, as well as electronic resource vendors and consortia. The Electronic Resources Librarians are the primary source for Libraries staff seeking information on electronic resource licensing and usage, and have a key role in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental procedures related to electronic resources acquisition, licensing, and management. The incumbents will report to the Head, Technical Services.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Master's degree in library and/or information studies from an ALA accredited or equivalent institution;
- Demonstrated experience acquiring and managing electronic resources, including review, interpretation, and negotiation of licenses; and methods of providing electronic resources access;
- A minimum 2 years of professional library experience;
- Demonstrated experience in providing statistical analyses of electronic resources to support collection decisions;
- Awareness of current trends and issues related to electronic resource management and access;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload in a timely and effective manner;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Candidates with the following additional qualifications will be preferred:
- Experience licensing electronic resources through consortia such as COPPUL and CRKN;
- Experience developing guidelines and procedures related to electronic resource acquisitions and management.
The University of Manitoba Libraries http://www.umanitoba.ca/libraries/ are located on original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples, and on the homeland of the Metis Nation. The Libraries consist of 11 units located on the Fort Garry and Bannatyne campuses. With collections of over 2 million volumes, an annual operating budget of 28 million and approximately 150 employees, the Libraries support, enhance and transform learning, teaching and research for a campus community of approximately 38,000 students, faculty and staff.
Coordinator, Collections Management | University of Manitoba Libraries | Elizabeth Dafoe Library | Kristen.Kruse at umanitoba.ca | 204.474.7435
More information about the Eril-l