[Eril-l] Job Opportunity: Head of Collection Services - Portland, OR

Parks, Bonnie parks at up.edu
Wed May 29 11:23:44 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity?  Come join a dedicated, collegial group of library faculty and staff at the University of Portland!

The University of Portland, Clark Library<https://library.up.edu/> invites a dynamic, creative librarian to lead its Collection Services program, including management of acquisitions, serials, cataloging, and digital services, and direct oversight of collection development activities.
The Clark Library has a collaborative atmosphere and a commitment to excellent service, reflecting a university-wide dedication to providing a welcoming environment for all people.
We are looking for a candidate with strong communication skills, management/leadership experience, and knowledge of systems, standards, and best practices in Collection Development and Technical Services.
This is a full-time faculty position and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For best consideration, please apply by May 31, 2019. For job details and information about applying, please see https://up.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=52486&job=head-of-collection-services<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fup.hiretouch.com%2Fjob-details%3FjobID%3D52486%26job%3Dhead-of-collection-services&data=02%7C01%7Csotak%40up.edu%7Cff1b15ca9de443a5f07008d6cf29d9c5%7Cea8f3949231c40b6a33f56873af96f87%7C0%7C0%7C636924175993905688&sdata=%2BaH6RsxM6t3qiIcsVLFGfNWxdpUXW2sM%2Fk7UvulYef0%3D&reserved=0>
Collection development, budgeting and supervisory experience in an academic library are a plus! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the position. We will begin reviewing applications early next week!

Best,
Bonnie

Bonnie Parks
Collections Technology Librarian
Clark Library, University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd | Portland, OR 97203
503.943.8876 tel | 503.943.7491 fax
she/her/hers