[Eril-l] limiting Kanopy

Jenifer Holman holman at hope.edu
Wed Mar 20 05:42:24 PDT 2019

We're just beginning to investigate mediated access to Kanopy. A major
drawback to this model is that we are forced to "rent" a title with no
indication of how many users would actually be interested in the title. The
only way to make mediated titles visible is by paying the full 12-month
rental fee.

Perhaps if enough of us move to mediated, Kanopy will consider offering an
EBA model.

Jenifer Holman
Electronic Resources Librarian
Van Wylen Library, Hope College