[Eril-l] Base URL for EBSCO EDS/FtF?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Tue Jul 30 06:23:58 PDT 2019

Just to clarify the previous two answers:

If you are trying to fill in the field that other websites ask for the base
URL for your openurl resolver (for the site in question to create
openurl-standard-compliant links into your FTF), Linda's answer is the one
you want:
http://resolver.ebscohost.com/openurl
<http://resolver.ebscohost.com/openurl>

If you are working with a site that isn't following the openurl standard
but wants to create persistent lookup links with a template URL that their
site then inserts a search term, like the ISSN into, you would use
something like Cynthia's link.

For instance, filling out the HeinOnline "branding" form, I gave them both
in the appropriate respective fields.

Here is what I gave them for the second one, for us (EBSCO customer ID
uprince):
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=guest,ip&CustID=uprince&direct=true&bquery=#ISSN_NUMBER#&type=0&db=edspub

where #ISSN_NUMBER# is what HeinOnline wanted in the link as the
placeholder where they will substitute that info into the link.

Note by the way for this second kind of link, you have a choice on whether
to use the PFI profile interface, or the "edspub" pseudo-database within
the "eds" interface.
These have different settings in Customize Services in eadmin, which also
means different "bottom branding" custom widgets can be included in each.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca  902-566-0581