[Eril-l] Precision analytics for research excellence

Jones,Caroline carolinejones at theiet.org
Wed Jul 24 09:08:25 PDT 2019

-Press release from the Institution of Engineering and Technology-

* Apologies for cross-posting *

As Inspec celebrates its 50th Anniversary, we're pleased to announce the full release of Inspec Analytics, which is now included as part of the Inspec subscription. Please see the full press release below:

-----
The IET announces full release of dynamic new research intelligence tool, Inspec Analytics

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) has announced the full release of Inspec Analytics, a research intelligence tool to help research professionals explore global trends in physics, engineering and technology research.

With the changing landscape in scholarly communications placing increased emphasis on measuring the impact of research outputs, Inspec Analytics has been developed to support researchers, strategic managers and libraries in assessing the value and impact of research and make strategic decisions about the direction of their projects, departments and collaborations.

The full release includes the ability to investigate the research collaborations of organisations, the ability to filter results by location and organisation type, and enhanced interactive views which provide deeper insights into high-level and niche disciplines, allowing users to explore research trends based on organisations, controlled terms or subject classifications. Strategic managers will also benefit from being able to see an organisation’s global ranking for each field and compare one institution with another to set benchmarks.

Tim Aitken, Senior Product Manager for Inspec, said: “We are very pleased to announce that following a period of beta testing, we have now launched the full release of Inspec Analytics.

“We’ve used semantic technology to connect each element of the literature indexed in our Inspec database, for example organisations, locations and subject keywords to create the Inspec knowledge graph. Inspec Analytics allows users to navigate this map of science to identify and compare research trends across tens of thousands of organisations and scientific concepts. This makes it much easier for researchers to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and discover new topics related to their field.”

Vincent Cassidy, Head of Academic Markets at the IET said, “We’re very excited to be able to share this full release. Inspec is renowned for the precision and accuracy of our indexing and using semantic technology has allowed us to expose insights from this highly curated data to meet the changing needs of researchers and their institutions. We’ve been working closely with our customers to unlock the most valuable of these and we’ll continue to do so with regular updates to Inspec Analytics for the foreseeable future.”

Users can currently access Inspec Analytics directly via the IET’s platform. The IET are also currently working with vendor partners to allow a seamless experience for users with access to existing Inspec platforms. Inspec Analytics is available as part of the Inspec subscription.

For more information and to request a demonstration of Inspec Analytics, visit https://inspec-analytics.theiet.org.
--ENDS--

About the IET
* We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world.
* We are a diverse home for engineering and technology intelligence throughout the world. This breadth and depth means we are uniquely placed to help the sector progress society.
* We want to build the profile of engineering and technology to change outdated perceptions and tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
* Interview opportunities are available with our spokespeople from a range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and diversity in engineering.

For more information, visit www.theiet.org

Media enquiries to:
Hannah Kellett
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7738602426
E: hkellett at theiet.org

Rebecca Gillick
Senior Communications Executive
T: +44 (0)7725 498 129
E: rgillick at theiet.org
---
Many thanks
Caroline Jones
Strategic Market Manager, Academia

T:  +44 (0)1438 767 238
E: carolinejones at theiet.org

Visit our website www.theiet.org
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn

Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (“IET”) is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of the IET unless explicitly stated. The IET cannot guarantee that this email and any attachments are virus free.