[Eril-l] NexisUni - missing content that was in LexisNexis Academic?

Kathleen Folger kfolger at umich.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:23:16 PST 2019

Yes, we've noticed the lack of EU case law in NexisUni. We have a faculty
member who has, for multiple years, given an assignment to her students to
use LexisNexis Academic to compare U.S. and EU case law. She was dismayed
to learn the EU content was no longer available and ended up having to
change the assignment this semester since our access to Academic was
finally cut off.

I was able to find title lists for both LexisNexis Academic (a file dated
October 23, 2018 linked from this page <http://amdev.net/rpt_download.php>)
and NexisUni
<https://www.lexisnexis.com/doc/nexisuni/Nexis%20Uni%20--%20Content%20Listing%20--%20September%202018.xlsx>dated
September 2018 which I used to create this google sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rQyK9-_T8c3dYGPwbCvkRB3k0OeCPCXJ0yaNBgM3njU/edit?usp=sharing>
of titles in one which wasn't in the other. A colleague reviewing the lists
noted it appears that, for some legal files in particular, LN has simply
reorganized and/or renamed some files, sometimes changing the amount of
archival data available, etc., so it remains unclear exactly how much
content is or isn't available in Nexis Uni that was available in LNA..
But, there has definitely been a reduction of important content.

-Kathleen
Kathleen M. Folger, Electronic Resources Officer
University of Michigan Library
312 Hatcher North
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
V:(734) 764-9375
F:(734) 764-0259
kfolger at umich.edu
<kfolger at umich.edu>

My pronouns are she, her, hers – what are yours?