[Eril-l] Token access to publisher websites?

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Fri Jan 11 11:08:43 PST 2019

Hello - I'm wondering what the latest developments have been with regard to token, or ad-hoc, access to journal articles from journals we don't subscribe to. For instance, I have a request now for a whole issue of a journal from Oxford / Wiley Online Library.  How would you handle that?   Currently, we would probably use interlibrary loan, except since we need the whole issue, I might  try to buy the back issue.  I know our faculty are often running into publisher's sites asking for payment.  Do you have document delivery services or other provisions for these, or do you rely on traditional interlibrary loan?

Cindy Harper
charper at vts.edu
Virginia Theological Seminary