[Eril-l] Do others also have this problem and how do you deal with it: JSTOR/ITHAKA COUNTER JRs

Sara Colglazier scolglaz at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Feb 8 14:05:10 PST 2019

Hello fellow usage report collectors and massagers,

Really I have two major problems with JSTOR's *supposed* COUNTER compliant
usage reports--as they pertain to their Journal Reports ...
And I am wondering whether others also perceive and encounter them as
problems, and if, yes, how do you deal with/handle them.

(1) How to distinguish between the usage that is from having A&S and other
Collection subscriptions and the usage from having individual title current
subscriptions?
On the JR1 it would seem like it is all lumped together .... so there is no
way based on the JR1 directly to know whether a current subscription is
warranted.

(2) When I download (not using SUSHI) the JR1, it comes out with many many
lines in duplicate. That is many many titles are listed twice (have 2 rows)
with some of the desired data in the one row and some in the other. Has any
one found a good way to merge and dedupe the lines?

Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated!
Ta, Sara
PS And then there is me wondering how JSTOR can claim they are COUNTER
compliant?! sigh

--
Sara Colglazier
Electronic Resources Management and Discovery Services Librarian