[Eril-l] Project Muse EBA Complete Marc record/KBART file

Lisa Gonzalez lgonzalez at palni.edu
Mon Feb 4 10:05:53 PST 2019

Cynthia,
I have a shared collection for the Project Muse EBA collection that I can
share with you, if you want to send me your registry ID. Several libraries
in our consortium signed up for Muse's EBA program, and we asked them in
August to add a global collection to OCLC's knowledge base. I have not
submitted this as a global collection myself, because I am expecting
Project Muse to provide the necessary KBART data to OCLC, just as they are
currently providing that data to Ebsco and ProQuest. If I submitted it as a
global collection, then it would be up to libraries to maintain the data,
and I think Project Muse should provide the most current data directly to
OCLC. I hope that other libraries using Muse's EBA collection and OCLC's
knowledge base will continue to urge Project Muse to start supplying this
data.
-Lisa

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 8:30 AM Harper, Cynthia <charper at vts.edu> wrote:

> Hello – To provide our MARC records for Project Muse EBA via OCLC
> Connection Manager, OCLC tells me I need to set up a KBART file from the
> Project Muse file.  I think there’s only a MARC download from the Project
> Muse page, and I haven’t checked to see how many have OCLC numbers in the
> 035.  Has anyone else dealt with this issue yet, and do you perhaps have a
> KBART file?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Cindy Harper

Lisa Gonzalez | PALNI Knowledge Base and License Manager Librarian
Private Academic Library Network of Indiana

317-550-5229 | lgonzalez at palni.edu | www.palni.edu