[Eril-l] Pay per view fees

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Tue Dec 17 14:12:49 PST 2019

Hi Athena,

I’m not aware of another source, especially a consolidated source. Like most other things, there are details and ways of negotiating the per article charge to come to a price that is different than what is mentioned in the publisher sites you highlighted.

My library has extensive, multi-year experience with each of the ones you mentioned, as well as with Sage. We’ve used PPV for majority of access to Wiley, Sage, and Elsevier journal content since 2010, and Nature since ~ 2014. I am not directly involved in the day-to-day details of our negotiations and dealings with each publisher, but I do know that pricing can vary significantly from “list price” and generally has been cheaper than using a third party service such as CCC’s Get It Now.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor and Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Buswell Library | Wheaton College (IL) | +1 (630) 752-5852
Make an appointment<https://wheaton.libcal.com/appointments/steveoberg>