[Eril-l] Call for proposals-- Tenn-Share Fall Conference, Nashville, TN

Patricia Dover prdover at sewanee.edu
Fri Aug 2 13:08:51 PDT 2019

If you live in or near Tennessee, you may be interested in presenting at
this conference.

[image: TS_FallConference19VerySmall.jpg]

*Data Storm!*

*Bridging Divides, Navigating Data, and Harnessing Change for Good*

Librarians in all library types know how patrons and users are awash in a
flood of data and data science software. Within the library, collection
statistics, usage reports, focus groups, surveys, and so much more demand
our eyes, minds, and time as we chart out new services and plans.  Outside
of the library, our communities are discovering and participating in a new
world of big data and data analytics.  How do libraries take the lead in
managing data resources, tools, and skills?   What can we do to better
harness the information at our fingertips and transform it into a better
environment for our communities and our patrons?

*Join us in Nashville at the Tenn-Share Fall Conference on October 18* to
find and share ways to weather the data storm and make data work for
libraries across the state.

There will be two presentation formats available: Full Presentations (45
minutes) and “10-for-Tenn” presentations, which are 10-minutes-or-less
presentations, ideal for introducing a new strategy, concept or resource.

We invite entries from all library types, departmental roles and
professional experience.

*The deadline for proposal submissions has been extended to August 15. *

*Submit proposals at this link
<https://www.tenn-share.org/survey/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=8LLno331lo2KG>.
*

More information about Tenn-Share is available on their website
<https://www.tenn-share.org/survey/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=8LLno331lo2KG>.

Patricia Dover

Electronic Resources Librarian

Collections Management