[Eril-l] Knowledgebase Review- Tips, Tricks, Research?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Wed Apr 10 11:46:46 PDT 2019

That's a great lead, and I hadn't seen that before thanks. It is however,
from 2014, and I wonder how many of those platforms have changed so that
those pattern-strings in Table 1 would no longer work to identify access.

What we need is some kind of crowd-sourced page/database that everyone who
does this kind of work could help keep updated as we figure out for our own
use what to use.
I have no idea what might be the best way to try to start something like
that - maybe a mini-wiki site?
Github? As a very occasional coder, I find Github incredibly unfriendly and
intimidating, but maybe it's the right tool for this.

The task itself seems impossibly huge, but that's exactly when sharing the
work across many in the profession would help make it feasible, and maybe
we could even get the vendors to maintain their own entries in such a list.

I'm just really sick of discovering "missing" content by way of being
embarrassed by a patron, often a very unhappy one, who finds the problem
for us at their point of need.
As the old saying goes, this is no way to run a railroad! Or in our case,
library.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island