[Eril-l] Alumni Authentication

Diane Westerfield dwesterfield at coloradocollege.edu
Tue Sep 25 12:31:12 PDT 2018

Hi,

We are still on Millennium and still on WAM proxy though we’re working on moving to EZProxy. We also have 4 e-resources that allow free remote access to alumni (Sage journals, Project Muse journals, Vault career database, John Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory).

Students who graduate from our college are no longer in the Circulation system (their patron records are deleted). However, if alumni come back they can establish an alumni patron record which allows a few privileges like limited book checkout. They can also remotely access the 4 e-resources listed above, but no other subscription resources. I believe there is a patron type table, or an associated table, where this can be set up so that all alumni patrons get this limited access.

I assume this works similarly in EZProxy, but we’ll see!

Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Tutt Library, Colorado College
diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu<mailto:diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu>
(719) 389-6661