[Eril-l] ACS Journal Packages

Leslie Burke Leslie.Burke at kzoo.edu
Wed Oct 24 06:36:46 PDT 2018

I would totally support that option too!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2018, at 9:25 AM, Jayson Felty <jfelty at TxBiomed.org<mailto:jfelty at TxBiomed.org>> wrote:

One option that ACS (and Nature for that matter) does not provide is an interstitial page that warns a user that a token is being used. ScienceDirect and Wiley both have a confirmation page that lets users know what is happening. Wiley just updated their site to mark each article as “Token Access” up front and has a confirmation page before the PDF is loaded. I think having that confirmation page helps with indiscriminate downloading, at least for our users. I’ve asked our sales rep and support for years to add a confirmation page, but so far it hasn’t happened.

Jayson Felty
Texas Biomed | Northrup Library
210.258.9593 | jfelty at txbiomed.org<mailto:jfelty at txbiomed.org>