[Eril-l] Kanopy vs. campus streaming?

Trisha Burr tburr at macalester.edu
Thu Oct 25 09:34:38 PDT 2018

Hi,
I'm wondering if there are any libraries that have reached out to other
departments on their campus about providing institutional streaming for
students?

I ask this in relation to Kanopy since we have seen a dramatic increase in
Kanopy usage. While we're happy that folks are using this resource, there's
also the question of whether or not the library is the clear choice to be
paying for this. I'm only aware of Swank and HBO Go that provide campus
streaming.

My thinking is that the library could still license films for classroom use
but maybe "entertainment" streaming could be paid for by student life or
something similar.

Do others have thoughts about this?
Thank you,
Trisha

--

Trisha Burr

Electronic Resources Librarian

DeWitt Wallace Library

651-696-6749 | tburr at macalester.edu

1600 Grand Avenue

Saint Paul, MN 55105 USA

[image: mac-sec-horizontal-logo-150w.jpg]