[Eril-l] Staff Hours per E-Resource Title

Nagata, Judith jnagata at holycross.edu
Thu Oct 4 10:07:12 PDT 2018

I agree that this depends on your institution. It also depends (despite
TERMS and other protocols) on how your institution defines "electronic
resources" and what is currently expected from your position. For example,
here, I work with all electronic resources but not ebooks (although I have
some ebook packages that are subscriptions not purchases) and not streaming
media. We have also split out things like proxy management to the Systems
Librarian and usage statistics gathering to another librarian. Does
e-resources include ejournals single subscriptions and packages? Does it
include management of a Knowledgebase and/or Discovery service? Do you have
Acquisitions help for processing invoices? Do you do all troubleshooting?
etc.

Hopefully some of the suggested articles (which I would like to read!) will
help define your role (and what might be missing) so that you can make a
case without actually quantifying by resource which I think would be hard.

Judith

--
Judith Nagata
Content Strategist